“Dementia” Science-Research, December 2021, Week 4 — summary from MedlinePlus Genetics, PubMed, DOAJ, Europe PMC and Springer Nature
MedlinePlus Genetics — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a progressive condition that impacts motor neurons, which are specialized afferent neurons that regulate muscle movement. The majority of people with ALS die from respiratory failure within 2 to 10 years after the indicators and symptoms of ALS first appear; however, condition progression varies extensively amongst affected individuals. CHMP2B -related frontotemporal dementia is a progressive brain condition that affects language, personality, and habits. Numerous years after signs and symptoms and signs first show up, some people with CHMP2B -related frontotemporal dementia develop trouble with activity. Dementia with Lewy bodies is a nerve system problem identified by a decrease in intellectual function, a group of movement problems understood as parkinsonism, visual hallucinations, unexpected adjustments in habits and intellectual ability, and acting out dreams while asleep. Rapid eye movement habits may be the first sign of dementia with lewy bodies. Frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism-17 is a brain condition. Many people with FTDP-17 establish issues with speech and language. GRN -associated frontotemporal lobar deterioration is a progressive brain disorder that can impact movement, language, and actions. Some people with GRN -relevant frontotemporal lobar deterioration additionally create motion disorders, such as parkinsonism and corticobasal disorder. Incorporation body myopathy with early-onset Paget condition and frontotemporal dementia is a problem that can affect the muscles, bones, and brain. People with frontotemporal dementia at first may have problems talking, remembering words and names, and using numbers.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis — Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/chmp2b-related-frontotemporal-dementia — CHMP2B-related frontotemporal dementia.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/dementia-with-lewy-bodies — Dementia with Lewy bodies.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/frontotemporal-dementia-with-parkinsonism-17 — Frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism-17.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/grn-related-frontotemporal-lobar-degeneration — GRN-related frontotemporal lobar degeneration.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/inclusion-body-myopathy-with-early-onset-paget-disease-and-frontotemporal-dementia — Inclusion body myopathy with early-onset Paget disease and frontotemporal dementia.
PubMed — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Caregivers of patients detected with amyotrophic side sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia commonly experience distressing signs and symptoms associated with their caregiving duty. While coping is a vital aspect of caregivers’ experience, it is uncertain just how the temporal dimensions of the coping procedure as well as stress factor uniqueness affect mental adaptation, and subsequently, development of targeted caregiver treatment. The default setting and the salience networks reveal practical hypo-connectivity in Alzheimer’s illness and the behavior version of frontotemporal dementia, specifically, in addition to patterns of hyper-connectivity. We checked the clinical and neurobiological results of noninvasive excitement over these networks in 45 patients who obtained either anodal or cathodal stimulation. The behavioral variation of frontotemporal dementia is a professional syndrome defined by modifications in behaviour, cognition and functional ability. We utilized standard structural magnetic vibration imaging information gathered from 213 behavioral version of frontotemporal dementia patients meeting agreement diagnostic criteria and having precise evidence of temporal and/or frontal lobe degeneration from a global clinical test performed in 70 sites in Canada, United States of America, Australia, Asia and Europe. Vascular dementia is a basic term made use of to describe troubles in memory, planning, judgment, and thinking brought on by a decreased blood flow to the brain and ensuing brain damages, in which microRNAs are entailed. Dracocephalum moldavica L. Is typically utilized in the treatment of cardio diseases as well as VaD, but the biomolecular mechanisms underlying its restorative impact are obscure. Worldwide, health and wellness injustices experienced by Indigenous communities are commonly described and documented in terms of shortages and illness. Offered the limited literature focusing particularly on Indigenous people with dementia, our inclusion requirements concentrated extensively on Indigenous cultural safety and security in medical care.
- https://doi.org/10.1177/08919887211060016 — A Systematic Review of Caregiver Coping Strategies in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2021.11.005 — Brain network modulation in Alzheimer’s and frontotemporal dementia with transcranial electrical stimulation.
- https://doi.org/10.1093/braincomms/fcab241 — Degeneration of basal and limbic networks is a core feature of behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2021.796628 — Identification of miRNA and Their Regulatory Effects Induced by Total Flavonoids From Dracocephalum moldavica in the Treatment of Vascular Dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.114658 — Indigenous-specific cultural safety within health and dementia care: A scoping review of reviews.
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Introduction: Parkinson’s illness shows up with dominant motor signs and a wide variety of non-motor signs. In the young age of PD patients, the occurrence rate of dementia was lower than the older PD patients, but the dementia danger was greater than controls of the very same age. Dementia is the significant cause of impairment and dependancy in older people and related to considerable mental concern. Materials and methods: in this randomized, waitinglist-controlled professional trial an overall of 54 patients with new diagnosis of early stage dementia and 54 research study companions were arbitrarily appointed to immediate therapy or postponed therapy after 3 months waiting. Background Herpes zoster infection boosts dementia danger, yet it is not recognized if herpes zoster vaccination is related to reduced risk for dementia. No distinction in HZ vaccination to dementia impacts were located by race. Vascular dementia, a diverse group of brain problems with cognitive decline, is attributable to cerebrovascular pathologies. Male sprague dawley rats were divided into 6 teams. In this study, we took a look at the results of bright light treatment on neuropsychiatric habits and cognitive function. A 4-week regimen of intense light treatment was one of the most effective, with higher adherence and reputation. History: Coronavirus Disease 2019 is an around the world public health problem. Our objective was to methodically examine the mental repercussions of the COVID-19 lockdown in caretakers of patients with cognitive disability and dementia and the effect on the health of their patients.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fneur.2021.748096 — Age-Stratified Risk of Dementia in Parkinson’s Disease: A Nationwide, Population-Based, Retrospective Cohort Study in Taiwan.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.795813 — Feasibility, Acceptability, and Preliminary Efficacy of Dignity Therapy in Patients With Early Stage Dementia and Their Family. A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial.
- https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0257405 — Impact of herpes zoster vaccination on incident dementia: A retrospective study in two patient cohorts.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crbeha.2021.100029 — Neuroprotective effects of curcumin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles on homocysteine induced oxidative stress in vascular dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.782160 — Pilot Study of the Effects of Bright Ambient Therapy on Dementia Symptoms and Cognitive Function.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.782833 — The Mental Health of Caregivers and Their Patients With Dementia During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Systematic Review.
Europe PMC — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
History No previous research studies have examined the results of home-based main care in individuals coping with dementia, within an ecosystem of significant illness treatment in an integrated medical care system. Our purposes were to compare the features of PLWD getting HBPC and their health center utilization and end-of-life treatment, with those of a matched contrast team, and to recognize the experiences of family caretakers of PLWD getting HBPC. Background and function Dementia impacts physical as well as cognitive efficiency. It is paramount to take a look at elements that possibly maintain physical efficiency in IWD, especially due to clashing findings on the efficiency of physical task treatments on physical efficiency of IWD, generally because of limited number of top quality studies, large heterogeneity in techniques utilized, or inadequate reporting of techniques. Purpose Age-related hearing loss may be a dangerous element for incident dementia. People with an extra recognized diagnosis of HL demonstrated a raised risk ratio. Background Over the past decade, treatment has moved from establishments right into home settings-particularly among persons with dementia. We compared age-adjusted rates of home-based medical treatment by dementia condition and figured out sociodemographic, health, and ecological features related to utilization of home-based medical treatment amongst individuals with dementia. History and objective Persons with moderate cognitive disability and Alzheimer’s dementia often experience stride and balance disruptions and depressive signs along with their cognitive disability. Discussion and conclusions in this research, we located no associations between flexibility and depressive symptoms face to-face with MCI and AD recruited at a memory facility. Dementia is a stigmatizing problem needing boosted recognition and understanding. The long-term goal of the Alter program is to be widely adapted in numerous health and wellness systems to minimize health variations connected with dementia in the African American community.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34936090 — A mixed-methods evaluation of home-based primary care in dementia within an integrated system.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/33813533 — Effects of a 16-Week Multimodal Exercise Program on Physical Performance in Individuals With Dementia: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34538853 — Hearing Loss and Incident Dementia: Claims Data From the New York SPARCS Database.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34936087 — Medicare-funded home-based clinical care for community-dwelling persons with dementia: An essential healthcare delivery mechanism.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34507341 — Mobility and Depressive Symptoms in Persons With Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer Dementia.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34860803 — The Alter Program: A Nurse-Led, Dementia-Friendly Program for African American Faith Communities and Families Living With Dementia.
Springer Nature — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
This research study develops a detailed model for the development of a biomedical information system for the treatment of patients with dementia. The efficiency of biomedical information systems for the treatment of dementia was carried out with regularity evaluation. A 54-year-old male patient was referred to the emergency division for a rapid development of tired state and passive behaviour. Brain [^ 18F] FDG PET/MR revealed a clear hypometabolism of the frontal cortex bilaterally consistent with a feasible behavioral frontotemporal dementia. This phase assesses existing literature of CVR in the context of aging, cognitive disability, and dementia. CVR might additionally play an essential role in the interpretation of fMRI information in aging and dementia by dividing vascular from neural contributions in activation signal. We present some aspects of creating an algorithm to identify dementia conditions, such as Alzheimer’s illness. MRI is additionally an appealing modality, and we describe some information preprocessing procedures for MRI. Applying machine learning formulas for categorizing clinical photos increases day after day. The expedition ability of the crow search formula is raised via placing appropriate randomness in the customized crow search formula. Magnetic resonance imaging has many clinical diagnosis applications. This paper presents a new framework for thinking about dementia categorization utilizing MRI images.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-81007-8_113 — A Comprehensive Model for Developing an Information Systems for the Treatment of Dementia Patients.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-83598-9_35 — Case 35: Frontotemporal Dementia, Behavioural Variant, Mimicker.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-1763-2_7 — Cerebrovascular Reactivity (CVR ) in Aging, Cognitive Impairment, and Dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-4325-5_21 — Integrating Bio-metabolism and Structural Changes for the Diagnosis of Dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-4369-9_44 — Modified Crow Search Algorithm for Enhancing the Classification Performance in Diagnosing Dementia Through MRI Images.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-1249-7_41 — Performance Evaluation of Texture Fusion for Dementia Disease.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.