“Dementia” Science-Research, February 2022, Week 2 — summary from MedlinePlus Genetics, DOAJ, Europe PMC and Springer Nature
MedlinePlus Genetics — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a progressive illness that influences motor neurons, which are specialized afferent neurons that manage muscle mass movement. The majority of people with ALS pass away from respiratory failure within 2 to 10 years after the symptoms and signs of ALS first show up; nonetheless, illness development differs extensively among affected people. CHMP2B -relevant frontotemporal dementia is a progressive brain problem that influences actions, language, and personality. Several years after symptoms and signs first show up, some people with CHMP2B -relevant frontotemporal dementia create problems with motion. Dementia with Lewy bodies is a nerve system condition defined by a decline in intellectual function, a team of movement troubles referred to as parkinsonism, aesthetic hallucinations, abrupt changes in behavior and intellectual ability, and acting out desires while asleep. People with REM rest habits condition act out their dreams, speaking and moving in their sleep when they must be still. Frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism-17 is a brain condition. Many individuals with FTDP-17 develop trouble with speech and language. GRN -related frontotemporal lobar degeneration is a progressive brain disorder that can impact language, behavior, and motion. Some people with GRN -related frontotemporal lobar degeneration also develop movement conditions, such as parkinsonism and corticobasal disorder. In addition, body myopathy with early-onset Paget condition and frontotemporal dementia is a condition that can impact the muscles, bones, and brain. People with IBMPFD normally live into their sixties or fifties.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis — Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/chmp2b-related-frontotemporal-dementia — CHMP2B-related frontotemporal dementia.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/dementia-with-lewy-bodies — Dementia with Lewy bodies.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/frontotemporal-dementia-with-parkinsonism-17 — Frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism-17.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/grn-related-frontotemporal-lobar-degeneration — GRN-related frontotemporal lobar degeneration.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/inclusion-body-myopathy-with-early-onset-paget-disease-and-frontotemporal-dementia — Inclusion body myopathy with early-onset Paget disease and frontotemporal dementia.
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
National dementia strategies were used in dementia support centers developed in Seoul, Korea between 2007 and 2009. The percentage of event dementia cases in the lowest revenue group increased from 10. 4% in 2003 to 25. 8% in 2011. Purposes To check out interaction and engagement in day-to-day situations between individuals with young-onset dementia living in an assisted living home and the caregivers. The level to which everyday tasks and encounters are redefined and renegotiated is an integral part of caregiving practices in NH settings for residents with YOD. Iron accumulates in the ageing brain and in brains with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s illness, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s illness, and Down disorder dementia. Substantial blood vessel damage in the basic ganglia and deposition of punctate ferritin heavy chain and hepcidin were located in the caudate and putamen within striosomes/matrix in both PD and DS brains. Background: Spouse carers of persons with dementia are particularly susceptible to negative end results of care, yet research seldom concentrates on their caregiving circumstance. Final thoughts: Support to partner carers of PwD must attend to the carer- care-recipient relationship top quality, although different aspects of the relationship need to be addressed if both the positive value of caregiving is to be enhanced and the negative effect lowered. Creating support and an environment for patients with dementia in hospitals is essential. This research is the first report to supply initial evidence on the valuable changes of state of mind after one-session cognitive excitement intervention for patients with dementia in medical facilities. The number of people living with dementia globally is increasing swiftly, and there is no reliable treatment. We are undertaking this research study to figure out whether Taiwanese vegetarian diet in midlife influences dementia occurrence in later years in a potential cohort.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm11030819 — Annual Incidence of Dementia from 2003 to 2018 in Metropolitan Seoul, Korea: A Population-Based Study.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/17482631.2022.2035305 — Communication and engagement as potentiality in everyday life between persons with young onset dementia living in a nursing home and caregivers.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23031060 — Interplay of Ferritin Accumulation and Ferroportin Loss in Ageing Brain: Implication for Protein Aggregation in Down Syndrome Dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s Diseases.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19031788 — Negative Impact and Positive Value of Caregiving in Spouse Carers of Persons with Dementia in Sweden.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19031431 — Performing One-Session Cognitive Stimulation to Interact with Patients with Dementia in a Hospital for Mood Improvement: A Retrospective Single-Arm Cohort Study.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14030588 — Taiwanese Vegetarians Are Associated with Lower Dementia Risk: A Prospective Cohort Study.
Europe PMC — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Goals To explore interaction and engagement in daily circumstances between individuals with young-onset dementia living in a retirement home and the caretakers. Searchings for three narrative vignettes were created representing everyday circumstances in which interaction and involvement was passed amongst residents and caregiver team: waiting for something to take place, tensions concerning everyday interaction, and working + discussing a combined living environment. History Global campaigns that promote public health responses to dementia have resulted in many nations establishing new nationwide policies. Targeted initiatives to promote invoice of support solutions amongst the particularly at risk teams determined in the present study can boost the efficiency of dementia support services both in Britain and worldwide, and must inform policy growth. Frontotemporal lobar deterioration defines a group of progressive brain conditions that largely are related to degeneration of the former and prefrontal temporal wattles. The very early diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia is vital for establishing administration strategies and interventions for these patients. Healthy protein synthesis is essential for cells to execute life metabolic procedures. Expression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/frontotemporal dementia TDP-43-related anomalies in cellular and animal models has been shown to recapitulate crucial attributes of the amyotrophic side sclerosis/frontotemporal dementia disease range. Background The regularity of vascular danger factors and the relationship between vascular pathology and cognitive function in neurodegenerative disease stays incompletely comprehended. Purpose The objective of this study was to describe the regularity of VRFs and vascular pathology and discover the relationship between vascular pathology and cognitive function in dementia with Lewy bodies. Intro People from ethnic minority backgrounds dealing with dementia are more probable to be diagnosed later and have much less accessibility to health and wellness and social treatment support than their white counterparts in the United Kingdom. The wider aim of the study was to discover the effect of covid-19 on South-Asian and black people living with dementia and their carers as well as check out the experiences of dementia care.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35133256 — Communication and engagement as potentiality in everyday life between persons with young onset dementia living in a nursing home and caregivers.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35128725 — Limited receipt of support services among people with mild-to-moderate dementia: Findings from the IDEAL cohort.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34916411 — MicroRNA biomarkers in frontotemporal dementia and to distinguish from Alzheimer’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34916412 — Protein synthesis modulation as a therapeutic approach for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35128731 — The vascular risk factors and vascular neuropathology in subjects with autopsy-confirmed dementia with Lewy bodies.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/35137453 — Trust and inclusion during the Covid-19 pandemic: Perspectives from Black and South Asian people living with dementia and their carers in the UK.
Springer Nature — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Background The NIA-AA research structure proposes a totally organic definition of Alzheimer’s condition. We consisted of theoretical write-ups in English, on communicating amyloid and/or tau results to people with moderate cognitive problems, subjective cognitive decrease, or typical cognition. Background Healthy diet plan and workout are connected with lowered danger of dementia in older adults. Approaches Participants with vascular threat elements and subjective cognitive decline or early moderate cognitive impairment were cluster randomized into teams of 3- 4 to the diet intervention or control education and learning group. Objective Findings from big empirical studies on whether using acid suppressants boosts the danger of dementia have been irregular. Subgroup analysis based on publication year, location, mean age, period of PPI usage, and female proportion revealed no organization between PPI use and dementia risk. One goal of this paper is to argue that autobiographical memories are prolonged and distributed throughout embodied brains and ecological resources. Such innovations permit dementia patients to keep in mind their personal past in a manner that would not be possible by merely depending on their biological memory, because way assists in maintaining their narrative identity and positively adding to their sense of wellness. History The care of people with dementia is related to huge stress and, in a quarter of cases, results in depression and anxiousness problems in the caring relatives. Verdict Telephone aftercare group sessions for carers of people with dementia were unable to enhance social participation at the anticipated magnitude. History Volunteers have been a beneficial resource in sustaining people with dementia and their caregivers in the community. The here and now paper intends to check out the result of training and service provision on the understanding and perspectives of volunteers towards dementia and the organization between understanding and attitudes with the degrees of inspiration to volunteer.
- https://doi.org/10.1186/s13195-022-00971-3 — Considerations regarding a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease before dementia: a systematic review.
- https://doi.org/10.1186/s40814-022-00977-6 — Feasibility and preliminary efficacy of the LEAD trial: a cluster randomized controlled lifestyle intervention to improve hippocampal volume in older adults at-risk for dementia.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s00228-021-03248-0 — No association between acid suppressant use and risk of dementia: an updated meta-analysis.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s12152-022-09479-x — Preserving Narrative Identity for Dementia Patients: Embodiment, Active Environments, and Distributed Memory.
- https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-07490-9 — Telephone-based aftercare groups for family carers of people with dementia — results of the effect evaluation of a randomised controlled trial.
- https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-022-12687-y — The effects of involvement in training and volunteering with families of people with dementia on the knowledge and attitudes of volunteers towards dementia.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.