“Gamma ray” Science-Research, December 2021, Week 1 — summary from OSTI GOV, NASA Technology Transfer Program, Astrophysics Data System and DOAJ
OSTI GOV — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
We present a new neutron multiplicity counting analysis and dimension technique for neutron-shielded fissile material utilizing neutron-capture gamma rays. Requirement neutron multiplicity checking can include the new neutron-capture gamma-ray multiplicity counting strategy to characterize formerly degenerate or intractable resource configurations by making best use of the multiplicity trademark. We also established a detector prototype for the multiplicity checking of neutron-capture gamma rays and present detector layout factors to consider, such as detection material and shielding, to maximize the detection of the 2. 2 MeV hydrogen captures gamma ray. A workshop on \ em The Next Generation Gamma-Ray Sources, funded by the Office of Nuclear Physics at the Department of Energy, was held November 17- 19 2016 in Bethesda, Maryland. The goals of the workshop were to recognize employed and standard research chances at the frontiers of nuclear physics that would be implemented by the beam capabilities of an advanced laser Compton light beam facility. To secure the clinical vision to reasonably attainable beam of light specs utilizing tested technologies, the workshop combined experts in the fields of electron accelerators, lasers, and optics to analyze the technological alternatives for achieving the light beam specifications required by the most compelling parts of the suggested research programs. In this paper we report on the scintillation properties of TlSr 2 I 5 doped with Eu 2+, a novel thallium-containing high-resolution scintillator for gamma-ray spectroscopy. Below, small size, top quality crystals of TlSr 2 I 5: Eu with various Eu 2+ concentrations were expanded by the vertical Bridgman technique. The light return of TlSr 2 I 5 crystal doped with 1% Eu 2+ is measured to be ~72000 ph/MeV with an energy resolution of 2. 8% at 662 keV.
Please keep in mind that the text is machine-generated by the Brevi Technologies’ Natural language Generation model, and we do not bear any responsibility. The text above has not been edited and/or modified in any way.
- https://www.osti.gov/biblio/1673454 — Characterizing Shielded Special Nuclear Material by Neutron Capture Gamma-Ray Multiplicity Counting.
- https://www.osti.gov/biblio/1831739 — International Workshop on Next Generation Gamma-Ray Source.
- https://www.osti.gov/biblio/1735452 — TlSr 2 I 5 :Eu 2+ — A new high density scintillator for gamma-ray detection.
NASA Technology Transfer Program — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center has established a new microfabrication procedure made to generate looming slim film x-ray absorbers maximized for soft x-ray spectroscopy. To meet these requirements, we have developed a cutting-edge microfabrication process in which a big electron-beam vaporized gold absorber is sustained by tiny gold stems that are electroplated in a photoresist mold. Mini satellites, often called CubeSats, are generally made use of for space research. The Miniaturized Astrometric Alignment Sensor advancements alignment stellar sensor hardware. Trendsetters at the NASA Langley Research Center have created the Multi-Layer Nuclear Thermionic Avalanche Cell, a novel electrical generator which transforms nuclear gamma-ray photon energy straight to electrical power by liberating intra-band atomic internal shell electrons. Liberated electrons go across the vacuum gap and reach the collection agency to effectively transform energy obtained from contaminated materials right into useful electrical power. NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center has created novel neutron grazing incidence optics for usage with small mobile neutron generators. Ray tracing simulations of the system reveal almost an order of magnitude neutron change rise on a 1-mm diameter object. Picture top quality indicators and understood issue requirements for commercial 2D x-ray radiography have been utilized in practice for many years. The Pyramid Image Quality Indicator is made particularly for CT data and which can be changed to accommodate a large variety of applications. Optical applications call for clear home windows for a number of applications, including protection of tool optics from dust and contamination and waveform band rejection. The Ultra-Thin Large Area Polymer Film Fabrication Process is a new manufacture procedure that enables high uniformity structured large area thin films at a low expense.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/GSC-TOPS-152 — Microfabrication process for building x-ray absorbers.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/GSC-TOPS-234 — Miniaturized Astrometric Alignment Sensor.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LAR-TOPS-335 — Multi-Layer Nuclear Thermionic Avalanche Cell.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MFS-TOPS-40 — Nested Focusing Optics for Compact Neutron Sources.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/GSC-TOPS-250 — Pyramid Image Quality Indicator.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/GSC-TOPS-240 — Ultra-Thin Large Area Polymer Film Fabrication Process.
Astrophysics Data System — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
We present the outcomes of the Fermi-Large Area Telescope light contour modelling of picked blazars: six level spectrum radio quasars and five BL Lacertae. The recently presented 𝒜-𝒯 plane permits us to effectively identify the PSDs based on the LCs alone and plainly separates the FSRQ and BL Lac sorts of blazars. We review the hit rate of planetary rays and their daughter bits on the Si: As IBC detectors in the IRAC instrument on the Spitzer Space Telescope. The hit rate adheres to the ambient proton change carefully, however the hits take place at greater than twice the rate expected just from this change. We present a novel technique for determining the mass structure of ultra-high-energy planetary rays utilizing deep learning. The first network forecasts sort of primary bit for specific events, while the second infers the mass make-up of an ensemble of events. Type I Be/X-ray binary outbursts are driven by mass transfer from a Be star decretion disk to a neutron star buddy throughout each orbital period. The likely disk becomes eccentric and material is transferred to the neutron star at as many as 3 locations in each orbit: when the neutron star passes the disk apastron or among the two nodes of the disk. A detailed study of the BL Lacertae PKS 0903–57 has been provided for the first time with 12 yr of Fermi Large Area Telescope data. A single-zone emission model is used for time-dependent leptonic modeling of the multiwavelength spooky energy circulations. OAO 1657–415 is an atypical supergiant X-ray binary amongst disk-fed and wind-fed systems, showing alternative spin-up/spin-down intervals lasting like tens of days. The orbital firmness proportion profile of spin-down episodes is also less than that of spin-up episodes around phases close to the mid-eclipse, implying that there is more material in between the neutron star and the viewer for spin-down episodes than for spin-up episodes around these phases.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021arXiv211201761Z/abstract — Comprehensive power spectral density analysis of the Fermi-LAT $ gamma$-ray light curves of selected blazars.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021PASP.133k4503H/abstract — Cosmic-ray-related Signals from Detectors in Space: The Spitzer IRAC Si:As IBC Devices.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021arXiv211202072K/abstract — Identifying mass composition of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays using deep learning.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021ApJ.922L.37M/abstract — Nonperiodic Type I Be X-Ray Binary Outbursts.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021ApJ.922.160M/abstract — Spectral Modeling of Flares in Long-term Gamma-Ray Light Curve of PKS 0903–57.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021arXiv211201993L/abstract — Torque reversal and orbital profile of X-ray pulsar OAO 1657–415.
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Consistent renovations of the computational power and techniques as well as demands of precise and dependable measurements for reactor procedure and safety and security call for a continuous upgrade of the instrumentation. We have characterized a Cerium doped Lanthanum Bromide crystal paired with the position-sensitive photo-multiplier system for the gamma-ray imaging application. One can use this detector set up for the scanning of high pureness germanium detectors for pulse shape evaluation in gamma-ray spectroscopy experiments and the picture development of an item by Compton back-scattering. Haw-Ming Huang,12 Ping-Han Wu,3 Po-Chien Chou,4 Wen-Tien Hsiao,5 Hsin-Ta Wang,4 Hsin-Pei Chiang,3 Chi-Ming Lee,6 Shwu-Huey Wang,6 Yu-Cheng Hsiao2,7 1School of Dentistry, College of Oral Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan; 2Graduate Institute of Biomedical Optomechatronics, College of Biomedical Engineering, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan; 3Graduate Institute of Biomedical Materials and Tissue Engineering, College of Biomedical Engineering, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan; 4School of Organic and Polymeric, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei, Taiwan; 5Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Technology, After co-culturing test cells with the LMWHA-IONPs, spotted Fe ion content in the U87MG cells was much more than that of the NIH3T3 cells in both thiocyanate assays and TOF-SIMs photos. Abstract Limited to the Atlantic and its surrounding basins, the expression of the Coniacian- Santonian oceanic anoxic occasion was uncovered in the non-marine Cretaceous Songliao Basin, Eastern Asia not long earlier. By contrasting the level of multifractality of the OAE3 deposits with the clay minerals and the redox problems, it appears that the modifications of the multifractal features are controlled by regional adjustments such as clay mineralogy and redox problems in both milieus under different sedimentation patterns. Abstract Nowadays, radiation grafting polymer adsorbents have been commonly established as a result of their benefits, such as reduced operating expense, high effectiveness. Different modes of coba ion adsorption were tested in various other adsorption problems, consisting of adsorption contact time, pH, different quantities of adsorbent mass, and different concentrations of cobal ions remedy. Abstract X-ray and γ-ray discharges observed in lightning and lengthy stimulates are generally attached to the bremsstrahlung of high-energy runaway electrons. The presence of fast electro-magnetic surface waves propagating along the lightning discharge network at a speed near to the speed of light in the vacuum is revealed.
- https://doi.org/10.1051/epjconf/202125304018 — CEA-JSI Experimental Benchmark for validation of the modeling of neutron and gamma-ray detection instrumentation used in the JSI TRIGA reactor.
- https://doi.org/10.1051/epjconf/202125311005 — Development of a position-sensitive fast scintillator (LaBr3(Ce)) detector setup for gamma-ray imaging application.
- https://doaj.org/article/8c48622fb965412daa2fa0951f60c394 — Enhancement of T2* Weighted MRI Imaging Sensitivity of U87MG Glioblastoma Cells Using γ-Ray Irradiated Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid-Conjugated Iron Nanoparticles.
- https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-71327-w — Multifractal characterization of the Coniacian–Santonian OAE3 in lacustrine and marine deposits based on spectral gamma ray logs.
- https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-97826-y — Multivariate optimization of removing of cobalt(II) with an efficient aminated-GMA polypropylene adsorbent by induced-grafted polymerization under simultaneous gamma-ray irradiation.
- https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-99336-3 — Synchrotron mechanism of X-ray and gamma-ray emissions in lightning and spark discharges.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.