“Ion Implantation ” Science-Research, February 2022 — summary from Astrophysics Data System, DOAJ and NASA Technology Transfer Program
Astrophysics Data System — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Solitary photon resources are of vital passion for a wide variety of usage from width to the basis of quantum interaction, computation and picking up. We established a platform for concentrated ion beam implantation that enables control of placing to < 50 nm and implantation to solitary pollutant atoms using counted ion implantation. Issues production and destruction is a fundamental principle in tool fabrication. The variant of optical bandgap with Ni ion fluences is established by modifying the digital band structure. The encapsulant-dependent results of long-term low-temperature annealing on defects in Mg-ion-implanted GaN were explored utilizing metal-oxide-semiconductor diodes. Additional ion mass spectroscopy and transmission electron microscopy research studies exposed that interstitial Ga in Mg-implanted GaN diffused into the Al 2 O 3 cap layer but not into the SiN cap layer after annealing. We report on impurity diffusion in ion implanted AlN layers after thermal annealing. Ion implantation is a technique for injecting energetic ions into the surface of a strong in order to alter the material or change’s near-surface chemical composition or flaw state. The target example can either be heat-sunk on a controlled-temperature support or permitted to stay at an ambient temperature level though, without any air conditioning, home heating from the ion beam itself may raise the neighborhood target temperature by 10s to numerous levels Celsius. Using ion light beams to change the surfaces of steel and alloys has been offered as a research tool for several years, but it was only towards completion of the twentieth century that the technique located extensive implementation for commercial products besides for really high-worth added components such as competing auto engine parts and knee joints.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021APS.MARS51008T/abstract — An in-situ single photon source detection platform for deterministic nanometer resolution ion implantation.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022arXiv220206849B/abstract — Defect Modulated Band Modification in Ion Implanted MgO Crystal: Experimental and Ab Initio Calculations.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022JEMat.tmp.84A/abstract — Encapsulant-Dependent Effects of Long-Term Low-Temperature Annealing on Interstitial Defects in Mg-Ion-Implanted GaN.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022JaJAP.61b6501O/abstract — Impurity diffusion in ion implanted AlN layers on sapphire substrates by thermal annealing.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2011emst.book.4286P/abstract — Ion Implantation in Ceramics.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2011emst.book.4284W/abstract — Ion Implantation.
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Eco-friendly stents made of magnesium and its alloys have been developed to decrease persistent swelling or in-stent restenosis, which are the major problems for permanent stents. The PEI covering covers the entire surface area of the Mg stent uniformly through a spray coating method and gives Mg with remarkable rust resistance and stable sirolimus-carrying ability. Additionally, a Ta-implanted skin layer that develops on the upper surface of the PEI finish plays an effective duty in not just protecting against a quick launch of sirolimus from the surface area yet also boosting the PEI finishing’s surface hydrophilicity. Nitrogen ion implantation has revealed its function in improving steel surface properties. In this work, AISI M50 steel was dental implanted with nitrogen ions by making use of the metal vapor vacuum arc technique with a dose of 2 × 1017 centimeters − 2, and equivalent implanted powers went to 60 keV, 80 keV, and 100 keV, respectively. The implantation of the nitrogen ion results in an adjustment in the friction coefficient of the AISI M50 steel. The Ion implantation method was utilized to present iron nanoparticles into a carbon forerunner polymer with the purpose of creating a graphitic nanostructure via catalytic graphitization by the introduced Fe NPs. It was discovered that the fragment dimension of Fe NPs might be controlled in the range of 5 − 30 nm by the Fe + ion fluence. The ion implantation strategy is just one of the beneficial means to introduce size-controlled fine metal NPs which work for the development of graphitic nanostructure from a carbon precursor polymer.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jma.2021.07.019 — A combination strategy of functionalized polymer coating with Ta ion implantation for multifunctional and biodegradable vascular stents.
- https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/4630661 — Effect of Nitrogen Ion Implantation Energy on the Mechanical and Chemical Properties of AISI M50 Steel.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/qubs4010011 — Formation of Fe Nanoparticles by Ion Implantation Technique for Catalytic Graphitization of a Phenolic Resin.
NASA Technology Transfer Program — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
A battery charge equalizer established at NASA’s Johnson Space Center offers specific cell billing in multi-cell battery strings utilizing a minimal variety of transformers. Pioneers at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have created new innovations that enhance the functional life time of a Hall result thruster, which is used largely on Earth-orbiting satellites and can additionally be utilized for deep-space robot vehicles. The functional lifetime of HETs is figured out by the amount of time the thruster can operate prior to the plasma within the channel harms the magnetic system. Little satellites are satellites of reduced mass and dimension, generally under 500 kg. When driven into thermal runaway conditions, trendsetters at NASA Johnson Space Center have created a technique to gauge the total amount and fractional warmth response of big style Li-ion cells. Trendsetters at NASA Johnson Space Center developed a technique to test thermal management systems of lithium-ion batteries called Small Format fractional Thermal Runaway Calorimetry making use of unique testing equipment. Unlike cylindrical cells, bag cells need consistent compression on either side of the cell and the capability for the cell to be uncontrolled along the seams to ensure that the cell can vent in any direction when a thermal runaway condition is caused. NASAs Marshall Research Center has developed a system for producing iodine vapor from solid iodine, for use as a propellant in a Hall or ion thruster propulsion system. Xenon has usually been the recommended propellant of choice for these spacecraft ion propulsion systems, but much more lately iodine-based systems have gained considerable interest as a result of equivalent performance to xenon, and the system-level advantages of low storage pressure and greater storage density with even more propellant per unit quantity.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MSC-TOPS-35 — Battery Charge Equalizer System.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-34 — Hall Effect Thruster Technologies.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/GSC-TOPS-237 — Ion Control System.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MSC-TOPS-98 — Large Format Li-ion Calorimeter.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MSC-TOPS-97 — Pouch Cell Format Li-ion Calorimeter.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MFS-TOPS-85 — Sublimable Propellant Source for Iodine-fed Ion Propulsion System.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.