“Matrix Composite ” Science-Research, April 2022, Week 1 — summary from Astrophysics Data System, NASA Technology Transfer Program and Springer Nature
Astrophysics Data System — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
In this study, an in-situ nanostructured copper tungsten carbide composite was synthesized by mechanical alloying and the powder metallurgy route. Tungsten carbide phases were only present after MA and combination of sintering. Chemical evaluation of the surface of a composite of W 4f and C 1s disclosed that the raised flaws introduced by MA influence the atomic binding of the W-C communication. The results of current experiments and computer simulations and academic modeling of the mechanical properties of metal matrix composites with graphene and carbon nanotubes are examined. Different processes of plastic contortion and crack of metal matrix compounds with graphene and carbon nanotubes and the results of these procedures on the mechanical properties of compounds of these kinds are talked about. The impact of the nonuniform grain size circulation of the steel matrix on the strength and plasticity of metal matrix compounds with graphene and carbon nanotubes is taken into consideration. Al-Ti-TiC-CNTs/ AZ31 magnesium matrix compounds were prepared making use of laser cladding and high rate rubbing mix processing. A defect-free LC composite layer with refined microstructure and an audio metallurgical bonding user interface in between the LC composite layer and the matrix were observed. The MMCs produced using HS-FSP displayed higher surface microhardness and far better rust properties than those of the LC as a result of the formation of finer and denser microstructure and greater varieties of Al 12 Mg 17 and TiC stages in the composite layers.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022Mate.15.2340Y/abstract — In Situ Tungsten Carbide Formation in Nanostructured Copper Matrix Composite Using Mechanical Alloying and Sintering.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022PMM.123.57S/abstract — Mechanical Properties of Metal Matrix Composites with Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022OptLT.15208078L/abstract — Microstructure and corrosion behavior of Al-Ti-TiC-CNTs AZ31 magnesium matrix composites prepared using laser cladding and high speed friction stir processing.
NASA Technology Transfer Program — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Innovators at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have developed a number of materials and methods to optimize the performance of nanomaterials by making them tougher, extra immune, and much easier to process. These breakthroughs can be utilized to deposit safety layers for textile-based composite materials, layer carbon nanotubes to include reinforcement, upgrade the properties of carbon ceramic matrix compounds, and incorporate nanomaterial fibers into polymer matrix compounds. Following recent growths that have reduced follower and jet sound contributions to total jet-engine noise, airplane developers are transforming their focus towards lowering engine core sound. These CMC acoustic linings can be used in many subsonic jet engines-specifically for next-generation aircraft-to lower engine core noise. Nickel-based superalloys have been used in high-temperature, high-stress applications for several years. In current-generation SiC/SiC composites, the matrix tends to split too soon when stress and anxieties are applied, thus requiring the SiC fibers to carry virtually the whole lots. Trendsetters at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have established two long lasting environmental barrier coatings for usage with ceramic matrix composite elements. Tiredness endurance is critical for the airworthiness of military and noncombatant aging airplanes and for long-duration flights and deep space goals. The MMC has both shape memory alloy reinforcements and some low-melting phase elements which, when heated up, basically clamp the split borders back with each other and flow material right into the fracture’s void for a high strength fixing. Trendsetters at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have established a rapid processing approach that produces more powerful, customized silicon carbide tows and even heals harmed or otherwise low-quality fibers. This easy microwave process allows SiC tows and components made from SiC fibers to be integrated into previously difficult applications while significantly saving costs.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-27 — Advancements in Nanomaterials.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-61 — Compact, Lightweight, CMC-Based Acoustic Liner.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-30 — Engineered Matrix Self-Healing Composites.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-136 — Environmental Barrier Coatings for Ceramic Matrix Composites.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/KSC-TOPS-80 — Self-Healing Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite (MMC).
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-131 — Silicon Carbide Fiber Tows.
Springer Nature — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Tool wear has become a very major concern in exploration of bit strengthened metal matrix composite due to the existence of the difficult abrasive particles, which drastically lowers tool life and weakens the mechanical performance of the machined element. In this research study, a new tool wear rate model, considering abrasive particle qualities, tool wear mechanisms, and tool’s geometrical structure, is suggested to explain the complete tool wear topography in drilling of MMCp for the very first time. The current research study is focused on the microstructure, stage change, and mechanical properties of the light weight aluminum yttrium oxide composite material. This research will aid in obtaining much better expertise of the modifications in thermal characteristics and compositional modifications that happen throughout the microwave hybrid sintering process. Al7075-SiC composites including 3 different weight portions, 5 %, 10 %, and 15 % of SiC, have been fabricated by powder metallurgy. Boosted mechanical features are seen for 15 %SiC composite contrasted to both 5 and 10 %SiC compounds. Lightweight compounds with raised temperature wear resistance are perpetuity needs although many research posts available in the previous 3 decades. This research focuses on the weight reduction approach and dry gliding wear actions of silicon nitride and lithium strengthened aluminium metal matrix composite to identify the wear resistance practices at raised temperatures. The hybrid steel matrix composite is created via the stir casting process. The weight proportion of SiC and egg covering powder varied to study the impact of reinforcement. Textured hexagonal boron nitride matrix composite porcelains were prepared by hot-pressing using different contents of 3Y_2O_3 − 5Al_2O_3 as the sintering additive. Throughout hot-pressing, the fluid Y_3Al_5O_12 phase showing good wettability to h-BN grains was in situ formed through the reaction in between Y_2O_3 and Al_2O_3, and a coherent relationship between h-BN and YAG was observed with _H-BN/_YAG  H − BN/  YAG and _ h-BN/ _ YAG.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-021-08506-0 — A novel tool wear modeling method in drilling of particle reinforced metal matrix composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s10904-021-02195-8 — Aluminum Yttrium Oxide Metal Matrix Composite Synthesized by Microwave Hybrid Sintering: Processing, Microstructure and Mechanical Response.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-021-00992-x — Fabrication, Mechanical and Wear Characterization of Silicon Carbide Reinforced Aluminium 7075 Metal Matrix Composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-021-00995-8 — Statistical Approach on High Temperature Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Al-Li-Si_3N_4 Metal Matrix Composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-021-00965-0 — Studies on Egg Shell and SiC Reinforced Hybrid Metal Matrix Composite for Tribological Applications.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s40145-021-0553-3 — Texture and anisotropy of hot-pressed h-BN matrix composite ceramics with in situ formed YAG.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.