“Matrix Composite ” Science-Research, March 2022, Week 1 — summary from DOAJ, Astrophysics Data System, NASA Technology Transfer Program and Springer Nature
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Fe901/Al 2 O 3 metal matrix composite coatings were transferred externally of 45 steel through magnetic field -assisted laser cladding innovation. The EF affected the content of hard stage in the finishings while it did not transform the stage composition of the finishing, since the layers with and without EF aid contained, 7 C 3, Fe 3 Al, and 4 Cr phases. The current research aims to establish the influence of machining and manufacturing specifications throughout the milling of Cu/B- CrC compounds. The objective of the presented research study was to examine the result of using lengthy rotation maize stalk fibers as filler on the mechanical and thermomechanical properties of a shot built biocomposite with a polylactide matrix using various fiber portions. A tungsten fiber/Zr-based mass metal glass matrix composite is a prospective penetrator material. Moreover, the solidity peak around the crater formed by the Wf/Zr-MG pole is reduced, and the infiltration crater is straighter, showing that the Wf/Zr-MG pole has a stronger slag elimination ability, reduced penetration resistance, and greater penetration performance. Because of its wonderful prospective for usage in the aerospace and auto sector, considerable interest has been provided to graphene as a reinforcement material for metal matrix composite. This article describes 3 vital topics associated with the crucial challenges of graphene as a reinforcement material, the enhancing mechanism of graphene in a steel matrix, and the factors limiting the properties enhancement. This research study presents a description of the new technology for producing exterior or interior layers made of different powders combined with epoxy resin, which can carry out different functions as a security against effect, disintegration, or elevated temperatures along with offering interlayers throughout the manufacturing of a ceramic safety obstacle by air plasma spraying on the PMC substrate made of carbon- epoxy.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/ma15041531 — Effect of Electromagnetic Field on Wear Resistance of Fe901 Al 2 O 3 Metal Matrix Composite Coating Prepared by Laser Cladding.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2022.02.055 — Estimation, optimization and analysis based investigation of the energy consumption in machinability of ceramic-based metal matrix composite materials.
- https://doi.org/10.12913/22998624/143551 — Mechanical Properties of Polylactide Matrix Composite Reinforced with Long Maize Stalk Fibers.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/cryst12020284 — Penetration Gain Study of a Tungsten-Fiber Zr-Based Metallic Glass Matrix Composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1515/rams-2021-0062 — Recent development in graphene-reinforced aluminium matrix composite: A review.
- https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27041168 — Technological and Strength Aspects of Layers Made of Different Powders Laminated on a Polymer Matrix Composite Substrate.
Astrophysics Data System — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
3 processing approaches including grinding, brightening, laser inscription were used on ZrO 2 and Si 3 N 4 surfaces. The outcomes suggested that surface area texture does not always have a positive result on the tribological properties which are mostly influenced by the countrpart materials and the structure type. Application of betel nut peel waste and sugarcane fiber has not been made best use of so the purpose of this study was to identify the characteristics of the mechanical properties, tensile toughness and bending toughness of the polyethylene matrix composite with betel nut peel powder and sugarcane fiber filler. The outcomes for the tensile test were the variant of 10% sugarcane fiber was 34. 876 MPa, 10% variation of areca nut husk powder was 28. 109 MPa, 5% variation of areca nut peel powder and 5% sugarcane fiber was 12. 104 MPa. This research study examined the microstructural and mechanical properties of ZrO 2 reinforced titanium metal matrix compounds made making use of powder metallurgy. It was observed that, 6 wt percent of ZrO 2 reinforced composite revealed much better features in that the firmness and compression strength were the highest among all the percentages utilized and the coefficient of thermal development was reduced. Carbon nanotubes are considered as an outstanding reinforcement for strengthening metal matrix compounds. The microstructures and mechanical properties including microhardness, compressive yield strength, ultimate compressive toughness and plastic stress of the Ti6Al4V alloy and the TMCs prepared by different CNTs content were researched to examine the strengthening impacts of the supports on Ti6Al4V matrix. The microstructure of particle-reinforced steel matrix composites and its parameters Spark plasma sintering allowed producing Cu-based nanocomposites with 3 wt. Microstructural characterization revealed that TiC and Al 2 O 3 nanoparticles are homogeneously distributed in the Cu matrix.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022SuTMP.10a5021W/abstract — Effect of ceramic surface texture on the tribological property of ceramics and carbon fiber reinforced silicon carbide ceramic matrix composite (C SiC).
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022JPhCS2193a2058N/abstract — Mechanical properties of polyethylene matrix composites with areca fruit peel powder filler (Areca catechu) and sugar cane fiber (Saccharum officinarum L).
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022MRE.9b0003H/abstract — Microstructure and mechanical characterisation of ZrO 2 reinforced Ti6Al4V metal matrix composites by powder metallurgy method.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021PMM.122.1551L/abstract — Microstructures, Properties and Strengthening Mechanisms of Titanium Matrix Composites Reinforced by In Situ Synthesized TiC and Unreacted Carbon Nanotubes.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021PMM.122.1409W/abstract — On the Effective Elastic Properties of SiC Al Metal Matrix Composite within an Intermingled Fractal Units Model.
- https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2022JMEP.tmp.132H/abstract — Synthesis and Characterization of Titanium Carbide and or Alumina Nanoparticle Reinforced Copper Matrix Composites by Spark Plasma Sintering.
NASA Technology Transfer Program — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Innovators at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have established a number of materials and methods to enhance the efficiency of nanomaterials by making them harder, much more immune, and simpler to process. These advancements can be made use of to deposit protective coverings for textile-based composite materials, layer carbon nanotubes to add reinforcement, update the properties of carbon ceramic matrix compounds, and integrate nanomaterial fibers right into polymer matrix compounds. Following recent advancements that have lowered follower and jet sound contributions to general jet-engine sound, airplane designers are turning their focus toward reducing engine core noise. The CMC acoustic liner has variable-depth channels tuned to decrease broad-spectrum noise in subsonic jet engines. Nickel-based superalloys have been made use of in high-temperature, high-stress applications for years. A raised effort to establish light-weight, high-temperature, creep-resistant alternative materials has caused the formulation and application of silicon carbide ceramic matrix composites. Innovators at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have created 2 sturdy environmental barrier layers for usage with ceramic matrix composite elements. Exhaustion endurance is critical for the airworthiness of civilian and armed forces aging airplanes and for long-duration flights and deep space missions. The MMC consists of both shape memory alloy supports and some low-melting phase elements which, when heated, basically clamp the fracture edges back together and flow material right into the fracture’s space for a high stamina fixing. Pioneers at NASA’s Glenn Research Center have developed a rapid processing technique that generates stronger, customized silicon carbide tows and heals harmed or otherwise low-grade fibers. This simple microwave procedure enables SiC tows and parts made from SiC fibers to be incorporated in previously difficult applications while dramatically conserving prices.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-27 — Advancements in Nanomaterials.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-61 — Compact, Lightweight, CMC-Based Acoustic Liner.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-30 — Engineered Matrix Self-Healing Composites.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-136 — Environmental Barrier Coatings for Ceramic Matrix Composites.
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/KSC-TOPS-80 — Self-Healing Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite (MMC).
- https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/LEW-TOPS-131 — Silicon Carbide Fiber Tows.
Springer Nature — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
% GNPs/Al composite was prepared by powder metallurgy and squeezed out at ratios of 8:1 11:1 17:1 25:1 and 36:1 to study the impacts of the extrusion proportion on the mechanical properties and microstructure of the composite. However, an extrusion proportion that is as big can bring about grain growth such as 25:1 or a decrease in GNP integrity such as 36:1, which affects the strengthening effectiveness of hot extrusion negatively. This research study created silicon carbide SiC and aluminum oxide Al_2O_3 particulates utilizing a sitting response system of silicon dioxide SiO_2+ carbon C+ light weight aluminum Al with a liquified light weight aluminum alloy. Abstract Mechanical alloying is a commonly used choice to the liquid-phase approach of embedding reinforcements to produce steel matrix compounds MMC. In this research, high-energy ball milling was utilized to disperse different quantity fractions of sub-micron-sized SiC_p particles 2 10, and 20 vol% in AA2024 light weight aluminum powder alloy, focusing on powder morphology and milling conditions. Prediction of surface area roughness has always been a tough job in the rough waterjet machining AWJM of metal matrix compounds MMCs, since it entails a variety of procedure and material variables. Today’s research study explores the forecast of surface area roughness R _ a through growth of models, particularly regression and semi-empirical models for AWJM of unreinforced Al 6063 alloy, Al 6063 reinforced with 5%, 10%, and 15% boron carbide B_4C bits. With the ever-increasing energy problems, people are paying an increasing amount of attention to eco-friendly and risk-free energy. It reveals that the addition of carbon monoxide component has substantially enhanced the specific capacitance of the material, which provides a new suggestion for the future research of nickel-based electric double-layer capacitor materials. Carbon-based nanomaterials mostly consisting of carbon nanotubes CNTs, graphene, and graphene oxide GO have superior properties of reduced thickness, impressive strength, and high firmness. There is additionally no examination on the reinforcement mechanisms of GO in steel matrix materials and ceramic matrix materials in the laser DED process.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-022-06723-6 — Effect of Hot Extrusion Ratio on the Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of a 0. 5 wt. % Graphene Nanoplatelet-Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-021-07569-9 — Electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness of in situ-synthesized ultrafine SiC- and Al_2O_3-reinforced AA6061 aluminum matrix composites.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-020-00924-1 — Fabrication of AA2024 SiC_p Metal Matrix Composite by Mechanical Alloying.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-021-08150-8 — Prediction of surface roughness using semi-empirical and regression models in machining of metal matrix composites using abrasive waterjet.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-021-07602-x — Study on modification and electrochemical performance of graphene nickel matrix composite.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-021-08337-z — The reinforcement mechanisms of graphene oxide in laser-directed energy deposition fabricated metal and ceramic matrix composites: a comparison study.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.