“Pancreatic Cancer” Science-Research, December 2021, Week 4 — summary from MedlinePlus Genetics, Europe PMC, DOAJ, Springer Nature, PubMed and Wiley Online Library
MedlinePlus Genetics — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Breast cancer is an illness in which certain cells in the breast end up being unusual and increase frantically to create a tumor. Breast cancer is much more common in women, This kind of cancer can additionally created in guys. In both women and men, the most typical kind of breast cancer starts in cells lining the milk air ducts. Genetic pancreatitis is a genetic condition identified by recurrent episodes of swelling of the pancreas. Hereditary pancreatitis proceeds to recurrent intense pancreatitis with multiple episodes of acute pancreatitis that persist over a period of at least a year; the variety of episodes an individual experiences varies. As a result of a decline in insulin manufacturing due to a loss of pancreatic function, regarding a quarter of individuals with genetic pancreatitis will develop type 1 diabetes mellitus by mid-adulthood; the danger of creating diabetes boosts with age. Peutz-Jeghers disorder is defined by the development of noncancerous developments called hamartomatous polyps in the stomach tract and a substantially raised danger of establishing particular types of cancer. In addition, the majority of people with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome create multiple polyps in the stomach and intestinal tracts during childhood or teenage years. People with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome have a high risk of creating cancer during their lifetimes. Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome is an acquired problem characterized by the formation of lumps and fluid-filled cavities in several parts of the body. They are also at an enhanced risk of establishing a kind of kidney cancer called clear cell renal cell cancer and a kind of pancreatic cancer called pancreatic neuroendocrine growth. About 10 percent of people with von Hippel-Lindau disorder establish endolymphatic cavity lumps, which are noncancerous growths in the internal ear.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/breast-cancer — Breast cancer.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/hereditary-pancreatitis — Hereditary pancreatitis.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/peutz-jeghers-syndrome — Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/condition/von-hippel-lindau-syndrome — Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome.
Europe PMC — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Goals To compare the efficiency and safety and security of algenpantucel-L [HyperAcute-Pancreas algenpantucel-L; IND # 12311] Immunotherapy combined with requirement of care radiation treatment and chemoradiation to SOC chemotherapy and chemoradiation therapy alone in patients with borderline resectable or locally advanced pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. HAPa is a cancer vaccine including allogeneic pancreatic cancer cells crafted to reveal the murine αGT gene. Effective treatments are urgently needed for patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Right here, we present an advanced pancreatic cancer patient, that reacted to anlotinib targeted treatment after the failing of multiline radiation treatment and apatinib targeted treatment. Carbonic anhydrase IX/XII, are cell-surface enzymes generally shared by cancer cells as a type of adaptation to hypoxia and acidosis. New hints relating to the opportunity to make use of CA preventions in these cancer types are recommended. A retrospective study was performed to analyze which translational therapy, palliative radiation treatment and surgery is the best therapy for locally advanced and advanced pancreatic cancer, and to evaluate the dominant population for the best therapy. The typical total survival and mean progression-free survival of 25 pancreatic cancer patients that got conversion treatment were longer than those of pancreatic cancer patients that obtained palliative radiation treatment and surgical procedure. Pancreatic cancer is a very lethal cancer and predicted to be the 2nd leading source of cancer death by 2030. As a result of these enhanced end results, in addition to the implications for at-risk members of the family who may gain from extra cancer screening, the NCCN suggests universal hereditary testing for freshly diagnosed PC patients. Investigator-initiated tests are professional trials in which the medical professional is both the enroller and the investigator.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/33630475 — A Phase 3 Randomized Clinical Trial of Chemotherapy With or Without Algenpantucel-L (HyperAcute-Pancreas) Immunotherapy in Subjects With Borderline Resectable or Locally Advanced Unresectable Pancreatic Cancer.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34387586 — Anlotinib is effective in the treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer: a case report.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34894950 — Antiproliferative effects of sulphonamide carbonic anhydrase inhibitors C18, SLC-0111 and acetazolamide on bladder, glioblastoma and pancreatic cancer cell lines.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34459461 — Conversion therapy, palliative chemotherapy and surgery, which of these is the best treatment for locally advanced and advanced pancreatic cancer.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34798979 — Familial Predisposition and Genetic Risk Factors Associated with Pancreatic Cancer.
- https://europepmc.org/article/MED/34897709 — Lessons learned from investigator-initiated clinical trials for localized pancreatic cancer.
DOAJ — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Pancreatic adenocarcinoma is a lethal hatred that is familial or related to genetic disorders in 10% of cases. These outcomes recommend that SMG1 is a unique PC sensitivity gene, and we determined specific SMG1 genetics versions linked with PC risk. C-C motif chemokine ligand 28 has been reported to be pro-tumoral in numerous cancer types. In final thought, our work shows that CCL28 is a prospective target for pancreatic cancer therapy and the CCL28 blockade could prevent tumor development through both tumor-cell-intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms. We took a look at the effect of statins on Yes-associated Protein localization, phosphorylation and transcriptional task in human and mouse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cells. Jointly, our results reveal that lipophilic statins limit YAP activity and proliferation in pancreatic cancer cell models in vitro and undermines very early lesions bring about PDAC in vivo. Scientific tests of EGFR inhibitors in combination with gemcitabine for the therapy of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma have generated blended outcomes partially as a result of the improperly specified performance of EGFR preventions in PDAC. Using this level of sensitivity information, we screened for correlations between cell morphology healthy proteins and EGFR ligands to EGFR prevention sensitivity, and discovered that mesothelin and the EGFR ligand TGF-α have a solid relationship to gefitinib and cetuximab sensitivity. Unique therapeutic approaches are required in the fight against pancreatic cancer. Collectively, our results show that MDC-22 is an efficient anticancer medicine in preclinical models of pancreatic cancer, and suggest that MDC-22 plus irinotecan as a medicine combination method for pancreatic cancer treatment, which warrants further assessment. Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma tumor growth is boosted by tumor-associated macrophages, yet the mechanisms through which growth cells and TAMs connect are not fully comprehended. PGE2 secretion rose in macrophages treated with AsPC-1 exosomes however not in macrophages treated with exosomes from various other cell lines, suggesting a useful function for the AsPC-1 exosome-delivered arachidonic acid in macrophages.
- https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgen.1008344 — A region-based gene association study combined with a leave-one-out sensitivity analysis identifies SMG1 as a pancreatic cancer susceptibility gene.
- https://doi.org/10.1177/15330338211068958 — CCL28 Downregulation Attenuates Pancreatic Cancer Progression Through Tumor Cell-Intrinsic and -Extrinsic Mechanisms.
- https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0216603 — Lipophilic statins inhibit YAP nuclear localization, co-activator activity and colony formation in pancreatic cancer cells and prevent the initial stages of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in KrasG12D mice.
- https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0213294 — Mesothelin and TGF-α predict pancreatic cancer cell sensitivity to EGFR inhibitors and effective combination treatment with trametinib.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neo.2021.12.004 — Phospho-Aspirin (MDC-22) inhibits pancreatic cancer growth in patient-derived tumor xenografts and KPC mice by targeting EGFR: Enhanced efficacy in combination with irinotecan.
- https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0206759 — Tumor-promoting effects of pancreatic cancer cell exosomes on THP-1-derived macrophages.
Springer Nature — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
History The introduction of multi-agent chemotherapy and radiation treatment has facilitated prospective resection with alleviative intent in picked locally advanced pancreatic cancer patients with outstanding outcomes. Resected patients with improvement of the LAPC score at the time of expedition had dramatically much longer average total survival contrasted with those without any change or development of LAPC rating. History Socioeconomic- and demographic-based differences exist in the therapy of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. The research data recommend that ME has assisted to enhance differences in PDAC in ME states. Objectives To investigate scientific and CT elements connected with neighborhood resectability in patients with nonmetastatic pancreatic cancers cells after neoadjuvant radiation treatment ± radiation therapy. Final thought Post-CRT CT resectability categorization may serve for the analysis of R0 resectability in patients with pancreatic cancer following neoadjuvant CRT. History Neoadjuvant therapy is used for borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma with high risk of insufficient resection and early reoccurrence. The optimal requirements for neoadjuvant treatment specific for distal PDAC stay vague due to the fact that distal PDAC is rare. Background Nodal hosting systems for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma identify patients on the basis of a variety of metastatic lymph nodes, metastatic/retrieved lymph node proportion, and log odds of positive LN. Subgroup analysis based on 12 obtained lymph nodes, R1 resection, and level of resection revealed that the AUCs of the MLN and LNR NSS were comparable for OS and RFS despite the number of RLNs, R1 resection, and extent of resection. Pancreatic cancer is thought of as one of the most aggressive lumps amongst GI malignancies. Whereas surgical treatment is the only medicinal therapy, endoscopy is an essential treatment option for unresectable pancreatic cancer.
- https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-021-10663-1 — Anatomic Criteria Determine Resectability in Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer.
- https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-021-10709-4 — Association of Medicaid Expansion with Pancreatic Cancer Treatment and Outcomes: Evidence from the National Cancer Database.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-021-08108-0 — How to approach pancreatic cancer after neoadjuvant treatment: assessment of resectability using multidetector CT and tumor markers.
- https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-021-10560-7 — Impact of Tumor Size on the Outcomes of Patients with Resectable Distal Pancreatic Cancer: Lessons Learned from a Series of 158 Radical Resections.
- https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-021-10641-7 — Predictive Performance of Current Nodal Staging Systems in Various Categories of Pancreatic Cancer.
- https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-56993-8_100 — Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer.
PubMed — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer-related death and quickly needs biomarkers for scientific diagnosis and prognosis. Data from the Cancer Cell Line Encyclopedia and European Bioinformatics Institute database also exposed that MYOF mRNA is very expressed in most cancer cells, specifically in pancreatic cancer cell lines. Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is a leading reason for cancer death and does not have efficient treatment choices. Right here, we check out the clinical utility of EUS-FNA biopsies for molecular testing of KRAS wild-type PDAC patients for targeted anti-EGFR treatment to analyze the usefulness of this method. Inducing homologous recombination deficiency is an appealing strategy to expand the indicator of PARP1/2 inhibitors in pancreatic cancer therapy. We discovered that FOXM1 prevention FDI-6 and PARP1/2 prevention Olaparib synergistically inhibited the deadly growth of pancreatic cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Pancreatic cancer is one of the leading root causes of cancer‑related mortality and has the lowest 5‑year survival rate. Previously, we have reported that the combination of skin development element receptor/HER2 inhibitor lapatinib and sphingosine analog fingolimod confers a considerable cytostatic effect on lung cancer cells. Pancreatic cancer is a destructive gastrointestinal cancer, defined by late diagnosis, low therapy success rate, and bad survival prognosis. One of the most common pathological kinds of pancreatic cancer is pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma, which is primarily driven by the K-Ras oncogene. Unique CAR T cells targeting mesothelin expressed on pancreatic cancer cells were established to get rid of the limitation of the scientific efficiency of CAR T cell therapy for pancreatic cancer patients. In Addition, MSLN CAR T cells were reviewed for the anti-cancer efficacy in orthotopic mouse models birthing pancreatic cancer cells, MIA Paca-2, MSLN-overexpressed MIA Paca-2 or endogenously MSLN-expressing AsPC-1.
- https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/2602322 — Comprehensive Analysis of Myoferlin in Human Pancreatic Cancer via Bioinformatics.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2021.770022 — EUS-FNA Biopsies to Guide Precision Medicine in Pancreatic Cancer: Results of a Pilot Study to Identify KRAS Wild-Type Tumours for Targeted Therapy.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phrs.2021.106040 — FDI-6 and Olaparib Synergistically Inhibit the Growth of Pancreatic Cancer by Repressing BUB1, BRCA1 and CDC25A Signaling Pathways.
- https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2021.8251 — Lysosome‑targeted drug combination induces multiple organelle dysfunctions and non‑canonical death in pancreatic cancer cells.
- https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2021.773909 — The Art of War: Ferroptosis and Pancreatic Cancer.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neo.2021.12.005 — Therapeutic effiacy of T cells expressing chimeric antigen receptor derived from a mesothelin-specific scFv in orthotopic human pancreatic cancer animal models.
Wiley Online Library — summary generated by Brevi Assistant
Alcohol is a threat factor for pancreatic cancer. Our data demonstrate that persistent ethanol exposure of HPNE cells induces SATB2 genetics and those cells become highly motile. Pancreatic cancer is one of the most infamous illnesses for being asymptomatic at the beginning and high death rate thereafter. In conclusion, this work preliminarily explored the role of TRIM32 in the deadly properties of pancreatic cancer cells and evaluated the possibility of targeting TRIM32 to improve the performance of gemcitabine, consequently offering a unique restorative target for pancreatic cancer. Investigator‐initiated trials are clinical trials in which the clinician is both the sponsor and the investigator. IITs have additionally been established to evaluate strategies made to optimize existing treatments or treatment methods that might not be supported by sector enrollers or may be too unique to gain the agreement to be sustained by cooperative teams. Routinely available professional samples of all stages of pancreatic cancer could be utilized to elucidate its molecular mechanisms and recognize unique restorative targets. Targeted sequencing of all stages of pancreatic cancer making use of offered examples from real professional practice might be made use of to determine the relationship between gene changes and prognosis to aid establish therapy selections. Among digestion system cancers, the exceptionally bad prognosis of pancreatic cancer is a pushing issue. Both the in vitro and in vivo models we designed revealed that SA displayed anticancer tasks however not apoptosis induction. Somatic inactivation of p53 mainly occurs as missense anomalies that lead to procurement of neomorphic mutant protein kinds. As cellular plasticity in the lasts of evolution of pancreatic cancer appears to mainly stem from epigenetic mechanisms, we suggest that mutant p53 takes part in acquisition of a dangerous phenotype by fine‐tuning the chromatin landscape.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcmm.17092 — Ethanol exposure of human pancreatic normal ductal epithelial cells induces EMT phenotype and enhances pancreatic cancer development in KC (Pdx1‐Cre and LSL‐KrasG12D) mice.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcmm.17109 — Inhibition of TRIM32 by ibr‐7 treatment sensitizes pancreatic cancer cells to gemcitabine via mTOR p70S6K pathway.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jso.26756 — Lessons learned from investigator‐initiated clinical trials for localized pancreatic cancer.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cas.15249 — Next‐generation sequencing of endoscopically obtained tissues from patients with all stages of pancreatic cancer.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ddr.21904 — Sinapic acid inhibits pancreatic cancer proliferation, migration, and invasion via downregulation of the AKT Gsk‐3β signal pathway.
- https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/1878-0261.13161 — p53 mutations define the chromatin landscape to confer drug tolerance in pancreatic cancer.
Brief Info about Brevi Assistant
The Brevi assistant is a novel way to automatically summarize, assemble, and consolidate multiple text documents, research papers, articles, publications, reports, reviews, feedback, etc., into one compact abstractive form.
At Brevi Assistant, we integrated the most popular open-source databases to empower Researchers, Teachers, and Students to find relevant Contents/Abstracts and to always be up to date about their fields of interest.
Also, users can automate the topics and sources of interest to receive weekly or monthly summaries.